Thursday, February 24, 2011
Uffizi Gallery_Firenze
We start our virtual tour of worldwide known museums in Italy, in Florence with 'La Galleria degli Uffizi'. 'Uffizi' means 'offices' as the building was made for the officials of the Medici Family. It is one of the oldest and famous museums of the Western World. We can say, what we call today as 'Western World' has begun in Italy and not in Greece. The beginnging in Greece is an imaginery one, but the beginning in Italy is a real one.
Actually I have also thought to begin with the museums in Vatikan, as the idea of making pictures public for everyone, has begun with the popes wanting to show their collections to people.
The museum has not a very good web presentation;http://www.florence-museum.com/. Well, it is maybe o.k., but it could be better. I not only think of a ticket, when I think of a museum. A museum is an adventure.
Labels:
Europe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment